|Thomas Renger 3b8880519c||2 months ago|
|.github||3 years ago|
|.woodpecker||2 months ago|
|assets||3 years ago|
|cmd/drone-helm||3 years ago|
|docs||7 months ago|
|internal||7 months ago|
|.drone.yml||7 months ago|
|.gitignore||3 years ago|
|CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md||3 years ago|
|Dockerfile||2 months ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|README.md||2 months ago|
|go.mod||3 years ago|
|go.sum||3 years ago|
Drone plugin for Helm 3
This plugin provides an interface between Drone or Woodpecker and Helm 3:
- Lint your charts
- Deploy your service
- Delete your service
The plugin is inpsired by drone-helm, which fills the same role for Helm 2. It provides a comparable feature-set and the configuration settings are backward-compatible.
The examples below give a minimal and sufficient configuration for each use-case. For a full description of each command's settings, see docs/parameter_reference.md.
steps: - name: lint image: pelotech/drone-helm3 settings: mode: lint chart: ./
steps: - name: deploy image: pelotech/drone-helm3 settings: mode: upgrade chart: ./ release: my-project environment: KUBE_API_SERVER: https://my.kubernetes.installation/clusters/a-1234 KUBE_TOKEN: from_secret: kubernetes_token
steps: - name: uninstall image: pelotech/drone-helm3 settings: mode: uninstall release: my-project environment: KUBE_API_SERVER: https://my.kubernetes.installation/clusters/a-1234 KUBE_TOKEN: from_secret: kubernetes_token
Upgrading from drone-helm
drone-helm3 is largely backward-compatible with drone-helm. There are some known differences:
- You'll need to migrate the deployments in the cluster helm-v2-to-helm-v3.
- EKS is not supported. See #5 for more information.
prefixsetting is no longer supported. If you were relying on the
secrets: [...], you'll need to switch to the
- During uninstallations, the release history is purged by default. Use
keep_history: trueto return to the old behavior.
- Several settings no longer have any effect. The plugin will produce warnings if any of these are present:
purge-- this is the default behavior in Helm 3
- Several settings have been renamed, to clarify their purpose and provide a more consistent naming scheme. For backward-compatibility, the old names are still available as aliases. If the old and new names are both present, the updated form takes priority. Conflicting settings will make your
.drone.ymlharder to understand, so we recommend updating to the new names:
Since helm 3 does not require Tiller, we also recommend switching to a service account with less-expansive permissions.
This repo is setup in a way that if you enable a personal drone server to build your fork it will build and publish your image (makes it easier to test PRs and use the image till the contributions get merged)
- Build local
DRONE_REPO_OWNER=josmo DRONE_REPO_NAME=drone-ecs drone exec
- on your server (or cloud.drone.io) just make sure you have DOCKER_USERNAME, DOCKER_PASSWORD, and PLUGIN_REPO set as secrets